Thursday, February 18, 2010

Training With A Plan

Last Friday I attended a training workshop that explained how a well developed training plan will make for a great year of competition. My own difficulty early on this season has been the lack of consistent training. Last year I was much more consistent at this time. After much though I discovered that I had nothing to push me, no plan to check things off on.

Well this workshop came just in time. Some reading from "The Cyclists Training Bible" , a couple of hours on the computer and a well time workshop and here I am. A solid plan in hand and a huge desire to get going.

Check out this link to the template.

A few notes about an annual training plan.

  • Be realistic about how much time, hours that is, you are able to commit to your hobby. Family and life obligations come first.
  • Develop measurable goals for example: top 25% at age group at a specific race
  • Work in cycles, that is, start with building a base, increase your workload gradually, then peak at you competition. Finish off with a rest.
When you get the desire to work hard start all over again.
Darek

No comments:

Post a Comment