Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Everyday Running in Sydney

It's over 30C almost everyday. Luckily there's some rain but that just makes it humid. Perfect weather for me.

I've been following Jack Daniels program which includes interval training, E (easy runs), T (threshold runs), M (Marathon pace) etc. So far I've done the interval training and I've been trying to keep my pace a little slower than I would normally.

I've been exploring a few neighbourhoods but for my everyday runs I usually go to Centennial Park. It's a magnificent, huge park with a track so I can measure off distances. There are lots of runners down here. I tried to keep up to a group of young runners but no luck.

This weekend is my L run (Long Run). I've talked to some people and they've made a recommendation for something spectacular. Stay tuned.

7 comments:

  1. Dennis, it looks like you are really enjoying the location. Keep it up. I've just visited Wynn's and did my 2nd indoor ride. It's a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'll really enjoy Wynns. Make sure that Darlene gives you the special runners' price.

    You'd like running here Darek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would love running there, just today I wanted to go cycling outside but nope not warm enough just yet for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find it very unusual that cycling is not as big as it is in Toronto. I think they are behind us on making the streets comfortable for pedestrians. They've hired a big time urban guru to do a study. I think his name is Jan Gel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey D., I imagine that you are still in OZ?.. The weather sounds pretty good there for the type of training you are doing... sorry, I haven't chimed in sooner... I've set things up so I may follow your blog..
    Best Rgds,
    Henry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to hear from you Henry. Nothing to do with running but we've been to see some good entertainment. Check out the Heros of Waterloo. Apparently it's the oldest pub in Sydney.

    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  7. DENNIS STAY HYDRATED! Love your daughter in spirit!

    ReplyDelete