Thursday, February 11, 2010

I've mentioned in earlier blogs how much I enjoy running in Sydney Parks. Centennial Park is my favourite . It's about 360 ha's and has lots of organized activities as well as barbeque areas, horse-riding runs, numerous trails, a great cafe, tracks as well as other sporting events. These well-established regional parks are easily linked by streets to more formal parks including Hyde Park with the Anzac War Memorial and the Botanical Gardens located next to the famous Opera House and Circular Quay in downtown Sydney.

It's possible to run from our neighbourhood in Surry Hills all the way into the city centre and take a ferry from Circular Quay or cross the bridge to some really nice neighbourhoods like Balmain or Kirribilli. Local runners have told me to explore the coastal run from Watson Bay, south through Bondi Beach, Bronte Beach, Coogi to Maroubra. It's my goal to have one of my long weekend runs through some of these areas. I'm really looking froward to it and hope I don't get lost again.

No comments:

Post a Comment