Thursday, January 28, 2010

Saturday Morning Run in Sydney


Running route 383851 - powered by Runmap

It was wonderful getting out for a run today after taking 2 days off to recover from the flight. I wanted my first run to be a tour of some of the important tourist points in Sydney.
I’m staying in Surry Hills. It’s a great neighbourhood with plenty of trendy cafes, restaurants and shops. The place we’re in is a converted warehouse and is typical of many buildings in the area.


The weather is hot and humid. The run to the Botanical Gardens took me through the spectacular Hyde Park with the Anzac War Memorial, north on Macquarie Street past the Mint, Parliament House and the Library of New South Wales (I used the library wireless service to prepare my post yesterday). It was a steady decline and I knew I’d be running uphill on my way back. I entered the Botanical Gardens past the beautiful Sydney Opera House to Mrs. Macquarie’s Chair. There are plenty of trails and it would be a good spot for some hill training. I made my way home in about 51 minutes. A nice easy 9 km run.


I picked up Daniel’s Running Formula by Jack Daniels. I picked the book simply because I liked his name. I’ll see if I can put myself on some organized program.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Dennis, I am jealous. How fast was the run?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darek,

    I'm trying to follow Jack Daniels program which says to not necessarily run hard. His ideas seems to work.

    ReplyDelete